Friday, December 6, 2013

Blog #19

Walking with him, day after day. But not everyday. Tomorrow we might or not. Wake up get dressed, and there he is on my heels, watching every move I make. Will she or won’t she. Watching, watching me everything I do. I put on my shoes, he gets his hopes up, and he watches. But then I start breakfast. He lies down again but still watching. I brush by the keys on the hook; they make that jingling sound he hopes for but no, no keys. So he sits and waits by the door, maybe just maybe this time, and he watches. I sit down eat my breakfast and still he waits by the door, not to miss any chance that maybe just maybe its this time. Up stairs down stairs, and he watches. Do the dishes, and he watches. Then I put on my coat, could it be this time, he watches, I grab my keys and he’s up watching and I grab his leash no more watching. We’re going, we’re going!

4 comments:

  1. Good use of repetition. To me, it built up the excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at first I couldn't tell what you were talking about then it clicked and it sounded like my dog too! I really liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are ever watchful. Mine pays special attention to the sort of shoes I put on. He knows the difference between slip-on dress shoes and tennis shoes with laces. If I lace my shoes up, that indicates a good chance he gets to go for a walk :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your title: reluctant blogger ha. Also I can totally relate to this one because I have a dog that follows me everywhere.

    ReplyDelete